Welcome to Let’s Get Sciencey’s privacy notice.
We here at Let’s Get Sciencey understand the importance of safety and transparency and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform all users as to how we look after your personal data as you browse our website.
Who we are and what we do.
Let’s Get Sciencey is a website dedicated to all things concerning gaming culture, with a particular focus on retro RPGs and awesome collectibles.
What Data We Collect
Let’s Get Sciencey collects two types of data:
Browsing data – These cookies are essentially small files that act as markers to identify you. These cookies tell the website (and us) whether or not you’ve visited us before. The cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, only certain aspects of your browsing habits that will help us provide you with a more streamlined experience.
From Your Input – We collect your email address and name through the contact page when you decide to contact us. We do this for the sole purpose of replying to your query. We will also ask for an email address when users voluntarily sign up to our newsletters
How We Collect the Data
We mainly collect data through cookies. Let’s Get Sciencey uses three types of cookies:
First Party Cookies: A first party cookie consists of a small amount of text stored in the user’s computer. It is automatically created by the website visited by the user, and are allowed by every web browser. If you were to disable first-party cookies, a website would not be able to keep track of your activity and support basic functionalities.
Third Party Cookies: These are used for everything related to ad targeting and behavioral advertising. By using tags, advertisers can track users across all devices they use across different website. This process helps advertisers create a profile based on their habits, so messages can be catered toward their interests. However, these cookies only collect browsing data, not your personal information.
Let’s Get Sciencey also uses a plugin which will inform each and every user what type of cookies the website uses. Cookies are a way through which information such as whether you have visited our website before is recorded on your computer and used by our website to improve the services available to you.
You may use the cookie consent options shown in the plugin to control the information you would like our website to remember about you. You can customize the cookies by selecting the options you feel most comfortable with.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- Offer customized content that is relevant to your interests
- To improve and enhance the service in order to develop new products, services, and benefits.
- Cookies help us create relevant newsletters by which we can invite users to participate in competitions, giveaways, and other types of promotions.
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where applicable, with your consent;
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in the “Information We Collect”,”How We Use Your Information” and “Sharing of Your Information” clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
Will We Share Your Data?
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
Our Service Providers
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Let’s Get Sciencey, our users, employees or others; and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
If you believe Let’s Get Sciencey has information about you that you do not want Let’s Get Sciencey to have or that is incorrect, please contact Let’s Get Sciencey as described below and Let’s Get Sciencey shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as it is reasonably practicable.
Let’s Get Sciencey will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact form. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
Let’s Get Sciencey holds the intellectual property rights on all materials posted on this website, whether in written, audio or video format. All experiments, articles and listicles belong to Let’s Get Sciencey. You shall not copy, reproduce, repurpose or modify the website’s content without our written consent.